Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring has Sprung and other stuff



Spring is here! We've had an unusually warm March here in the Midwest. We normally don't see 70's for at least a few weeks, and not consistent. We have been at least that warm almost everyday and today we might hit 80. This instantly makes everyone feel so happy and friendly, neighbors come out of hiding, and most everyone has a smile on their face.

As you can imagine, this hasn't done any wonders for my motivation.  I've had decisions to make every moment of every day. Start on that paper? Rest? Work on work? Go to class? Take a walk? Eat? Rest?  Look at Baby stuff? Buy maternity clothes? Order maternity clothes online?

What's the most important changes moment by moment and typically wins.

I don't make any decision lightly because of the quote above. I believe making even the smallest decision can affect our lives greatly.

For example, I chose to pause a little longer than normal at a green light taking a left out of our neighborhood yesterday-call it intuition if you want. Good thing, because a car ran the red light and would've hit us had I jumped on the green. Best part, there happened to be a trooper behind us, he sped out and pulled over the car. How many times have you thought "boy I wish there was a cop here to catch such and such car doing X?" This time there really was!  Hopefully this makes them think about the decision they made.



I need to clarify something here as well and get something off my chest. So, when I said I need to continue research RA and pregnancy in my previous post, or the fact that we decided to have a baby and I have sero-negative (which means this is the strongest guess and what they think is going on but still don't 100% know) RA. I function as a normal human being while on meds. I am functioning now as normal with no meds. Some people, as people always will, have strong opinions on my decision. Obviously I talked with ALL of my Doctors before deciding to proceed with this decision, researched on my own, and continue to talk with my Doctors. The fact of the matter is, there is still no known cause of RA (see causes post).

And, the fact of the matter is, most people have at least one thing, maybe more, wrong with them or strong histories in their family. Cancer, heart disease, etc. etc. Are you saying that only us with RA shouldn't make the decision to have a baby? Think of the implications of that. 

So I ask you to be cautious when judging others life decisions because you never know what you would do if you were in their shoes, and you never know the full story.


We get what we need, not always what we want

1 comment:

  1. If you have consulted the doctor and then gone ahead with the decision then it is quite fine...and why not.What are the genetic multiplication though?Medical Billing Software

    ReplyDelete