Friday, February 24, 2012

A Day Off

I took the day off today. I had all these grandiose plans....get a bunch of homework done, spend some time with the dogs, rest, eat, sleep, see friends, run errands.

Here it is, almost the end of my normal work day, and I've managed to rest, a little sleep, and a little shopping. And I am exhausted. No, tired doesn't cover it. I just want to crawl under the blanket and not move for the next week.

Once again, I had way to high of expectations for myself and what this day could bring. Do you ever do that? I constantly do this, it is my inner drive, my achiever strength. I've tried to turn it off, this doesn't work so well. But today, I think my body is telling me to take a time out. So instead of writing my paper due Monday night, what did I do today? Cleaned out our dresser/nightstand drawers, rested, showered, rested, ate, rested, ran an errand, rested. Now at least I am at the computer, but instead of writing that paper due Monday I go to write a blog that I've been neglecting of course! ;)

Sometimes time moves too fast and I just want to PAUSE. Maybe that is what I've been trying to do today, just say timeout! Safe Zone! Remember to pause- so others can catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment