Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One Goal Down.....


It's only day 4 of the new year and I already accomplished one of my goals for this year! My Mom gave me a cookbook for my bridal shower about 2 years ago which I love, the front is like a Paris cafe scene (I LOVE Paris, not only is it where I got engaged but it is a beautiful city with such rich history), but I never organized and used it. Recipes were sticking out everywhere.

one of my many goals was to organize the cookbook and begin trying some of the recipes. I went through the cookbook on Monday as I wanted to relax on the couch and couldn't watch any more tv, organized all the recipes and have made something new every night this week! Cooking has been a joint effort which has helped since I've been pretty tired this week still. not only were they new meals, they were mostly healthy!

We made Taco Soup in the crock pot on Monday, Baked Spaghetti  with veggies (red pepper, onion, garlic, and zucchini) on Tuesday, and grilled sandwiches and tomato soup tonight (mine was grilled cheese with avocado and tomato...yummy). Plus this made a ton of leftovers to take for lunches! Also made salads for me for the week to eat with my leftovers for lunch with cucumber, spinach, romaine, and sunflower seeds. Tomorrow...chicken enchiladas! (going to need to find a way to incorporate veggies into this one!)

Feeling a bit less stressed today...Enbrel has worked wonders and with 40 degrees today...mucho less pain and more energy.. thank you God!


My cookbook...thanks Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment