Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012...Day 2

I hope you all had a fabulous New Years Eve!

Mine was good- despite being sick and resting on the couch all New Years Eve...it was still nice to be cuddled on the couch with my puppies and husband. Was awake at midnight, watched the ball drop, and got a New Years Eve kiss. :)

2012 has started out productively as I just couldn't sleep anymore...slept like 24 hours in the past 2 days...also haven't taken Enbrel but amazingly not too sore even despite the -7 temperature outside...BRR...winter has arrived.

So I organized my recipe book, got groceries (mostly healthy) to try some new (mostly healthy) recipes. Already made salads for every lunch or dinner for most of the week to eat one salad/day is my goal!

Found the anti-inflammatory food pyramid (below) online and thought it was interesting. Tried keeping this in mind when planning meals/buying groceries but lets face it...no way I am going to eat mushrooms...gross. 2-4 cups of tea seems excessive....Plus, is it just me or if you ate the recommended servings does that seem like you are eating a lot of food? Attempting to use this food pyramid as a guideline except for the soy thing...think I might be somewhat allergic to soy as last time I had soy in my latte I got rashes/hives...must pay attention to what happens next time I have soy sauce...

From Dr. Weil Site: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/PAG00361/anti-inflammatory-food-pyramid.html

No comments:

Post a Comment