Monday, December 26, 2011

RA Article of the Week

Researching isn't always that fun, even if it is about something you have. So in order to hold myself accountable for keeping up to date on RA research, I am going to start finding one article on RA per week and share my reactions, the good, bad and ugly.


Here is the first article titled Fight Arthritis: 10 Foods That Help and Hurt

It is an interesting article, an easy read on what foods help RA and what foods can hurt. No surprises in the harm, sugar, red meat, etc.

The good had one surprise for me, tuna and Brazil nuts. I have heard about veggies, flax seed, omega 3's, cherries, etc. but hadn't heard about Brazil nuts. I am going to look for them next time at Trader Joe's.I also don't think this article would just pertain to RA, any inflammatory disease would benefit from these guidelines.  Just like anything with diet, easier to read and understand than actually change what we buy and cook.

Feeling much better today after 10.5 uninterrupted hours of sleep last night...yey. Went out this morning and scored some good deals on foil wrapping paper, bows, etc at Target...love Target.  Now time to catch up on things around the house and play with our new toys (Kindle for me, Kindle Fire for my better half).

One of the 10 designs of foil paper we got at clearance at Target- Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment